FRX-150 Out Front Flail Mower
Take the many advantages of an out front flail mower and give it the ability to cut both long grass and sports turf and you’re surely on to a winner. The Wessex ProLIne FRX-150 is just such a mower, designed to hitch up to most leading out front power units with Power Take Off. The FRX-150 has rapidly found favour with councils and contractors, offering the benefits of having a neat and compact all-round mower which is effectively two mowers in one.
Cutting verges calls for excellent visibility and manoeuvrability in confined areas with the ability to work around road signs, trees and other obstacles. It also demands a mower that will cut long grass quickly and effectively. The FRX-150 is a flail mower and delivers in that respect leaving a far superior cut quality on long growth than a rotary mower. What it also does is give an exceptional, premium finish on sports turf. The compact design is close-coupled to the power unit, minimising weight on the linkage and the ContiFlow deck ensures maximum suction effect, making it capable across a wide range of applications. The deck follows contours accurately with its own wheels and a full-width rear roller and offers a 1.5m working width finish.
The capability to work at high speed without swathing the grass, combined with the ability to leave a fine finish, as well as tackling long growth, makes this a two in one mower that represents a major cost saving. It’s also a tough deck with a heavy-duty right angle drive gearbox and 305mm rotor shaft. The roller is fitted with integral bearings for a long service life and the mower comes with puncture-proof tyres.
Combine the ease of use, a simple cutting height adjustment and the benefits of flail mowing and it’s easy to see why the Wessex ProLine FRX-150 out front flail mower has become such a popular choice. It makes the perfect partner for power units from Kubota, Stiga, John Deere, Iseki, Shibaura and other similar machines.
Wessex machinery is sold through our excellent dealer network. Get in touch with #TeamWessex, and we’ll locate your nearest dealer and then look after you throughout your sales journey.
When only the best will do
When you purchase a Wessex product, you invest in over 55 years of innovation, manufacturing excellence and a commitment to progress that underpins the care for our customers, suppliers and employees. Since 1962 the Wessex name has been synonymous with superb quality, British built machines for the agricultural and groundcare markets. Our equipment is built for demanding applications, where reliability and durability are paramount.
Features & Benefits
- AERODYNAMIC FLAILS – Minimum power consumption
- FULL WIDTH ANTI-SCALP ROLLER – No unsightly scalping
- INTEGRAL ROLLER BEARINGS – Protected for long service life
- SIMPLE AND POSITIVE HEIGHT ADJUSTMENT – Ease of operation
- PUNCTURE PROOF TYRES – Low maintenance
- TWIN DRIVE BELT TRANSMISSION – Handles dense vegetation
- FULLY GUARDED TO HSE SPECIFICATIONS – Meets local authority requirements
- CONTIFLOW DECK DESIGN – Low profile deck design follows the path of the flails at a constant distance increasing the suction effect and improving mulching efficiency
- FLOATING LINKAGE – Excellent ground contour following and a generous lift height which is ideal for kerb clearance and trailer ramps etc
- WIDE OUTLET – Maximum performance in long grass
- HARDENED STEEL STONE GUARDS – Safety in public areas
- RIGHT ANGLE DRIVE GEARBOX OR HYDRAULIC MOTOR – Smooth and quiet operation
- ROTOR BEARING GUARDS – Protected for long service life
- ADJUSTABLE SIDE SKIDS WITH REMOVABLE WEAR-SHOES – Low maintenance costs
- Cutting width 1.5m
- Overall width 1.73m
- Weight 220kg
- Cutting height range 25mm – 100mm
- No of flails 34
Book a Demo
Please submit your request for a product demonstration, and we will call you back to arrange a suitable time.