MTX-120-P PTO Driven, Trailed Dung Beetle Paddock CleanerThe Wessex Dung Beetle MTX-120-P is a trailed, PTO driven paddock cleaner with the drive transmitted to the rotor via twin drive belts. A versatile paddock cleaner for private horse owners, zoos, equestrian centres, riding school, alpaca farms & much more. The Wessex Dung Beetle is an easy to use yet effective machine. Paddock maintenance - Regular sweeping with the Dung Beetle will keep the paddocks free of horse droppings, dead grass and twigs - ensuring a clean, healthy environment for the horses. The grooming action of the bristles will also encourage fresh new growth of healthy grass - a benefit not gained with a vacuum-type machine. Superb ground contour following - The Dung Beetle runs on its own four wheels so there is no weight on the drawbar of the towing vehicle, which ensures maximum stability at all times. The front wheels are directly in line with the brush rotor to allow the ground contours to be followed accurately. They are adjustable for altering the height of the brush, by means of a simple screw handle on each side. Markers ensure an even brush setting across the full width of the machine. Muck tines - The adjustable spring tines rake through the grass & loosen any stubborn muck to aid the brushes with collection. Easy hopper emptying - When full, the hopper is rolled over with the aid of the winch, to give a clean discharge into a neat heap on the ground. The hopper is finely balanced on the pivot points to ensure an easy roll-over, and a spring loaded pin secures the hopper in position when in operation. Powerful sweeping - The rotor comprises four banks of hard-wearing polypropolene bristles fastened into a hardwood strip. The generous length of the bristles give a good 'flick' action, ensuring that any debris is propelled effortlessly into the hopper. The brush strips are simply bolted in pairs through the steel box section rotor, and are quick & easy to change when worn.
Wessex machinery is sold through our excellent dealer network. Get in touch with #TeamWessex, and we’ll locate your nearest dealer and then look after you throughout your sales journey.
When only the best will do
When you purchase a Wessex product, you invest in over 55 years of innovation, manufacturing excellence and a commitment to progress that underpins the care for our customers, suppliers and employees. Since 1962 the Wessex name has been synonymous with superb quality, British built machines for the agricultural and groundcare markets. Our equipment is built for demanding applications, where reliability and durability are paramount.
Features & Benefits
- PTO DRIVEN – Versatile and ready to use with your tractor
- THROTTLE LEVER – Clips on to ATV rack for user convenience
- CENTRIFUGAL CLUTCH – Allows the brush rotor to be engaged / disengaged from the seat
- WHEELS IN-LINE WITH BRUSH ROTOR – Follows ground contours accurately giving a consistent clean sweep
- SIMPLE SCREW HANDLE – Easy adjustment of brush height
- FULLY CASTORING REAR WHEELS – Increased manoeuvrability
- FLOATING DRAWBAR – Allows machine to float over uneven ground with no weight on ball hitch
- ADJUSTABLE SPRING TINES – Rake through the grass to loosen stubborn horse muck
- HAND OPERATED WINCH – For ease of emptying
- STIFF, COURSE BRISTLE – For increased sweeping efficiency in paddock environment
- SWIVELLING BALL HITCH – Satisfies Health and Safety recommendations
- Working width 1.2m
- Overall width 1.85m
- Hopper capcity 0.7m³ (approx)
- Weight 317kg
Book a Demo
Please submit your request for a product demonstration, and we will call you back to arrange a suitable time.